Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Timing and Precognition in Dreams?

I want to know if anyone else has ever experienced this. This has been happening to me for my whole life.
This is last night's example. In my dream I'm riding in a car with two friends, Friend A and Friend B. Friend A is driving, Friend B is riding in the middle, and I have the window seat. We went and got a bottle of whiskey earlier and we are driving home to drink it. Friend B says "Hey we should get some Coke for chasers, let's go to the store first." We pull into the grocery store parking lot...roll up to our parking space. Friend A and Friend B are like dating or whatever so Friend A turns and gives Friend B a kiss on the cheek.

Friend A opens his car door to get out, but he leaves the keys in the ignition...I hear the beep beep beep of the key in the ignition alert. I hear it right when he opens his car door. Not before, not a little bit after, but right when it should happen.

This beeping noise is actually my cell phones alarm going off in the physical world.
It's not like it's been going off and it just started to register in my dream either, I hear the very first beep at the exact time when it would make sense in my dream. I know this because it beeps with kind of a rhythm, beep, beep, beep, (pause), beep, beep, beep, and I count the beeps in my head when I hear it.

So what exactly is going on there? How is there this elaborate setup in my dream that culminates in a sound being incorporated into my dream at the exact time that it would make sense?

I've heard my alarm be other things too, off the top of my head I can remember it being an air raid siren that started going off after bombs started hitting our base.
There are others, but I can't think of any examples right now.

Does this happen to anyone else?

0 comments:

Post a Comment